Sunday 29 May 2016

Style Arc Allison Skirt

I recently made up the Allison skirt by Style Arc, a pattern I've had in my stash for a while. I was intrigued by how the pleats were made so they weren't bulky.



When I finally got to printing out the pattern, I have to say the pattern pieces are odd looking!
While it wasn't at all difficult, it did require some fabric origami to achieve. Once I had that figured out, it was reasonably quick and painless.

I used a royal blue merino I've used previously, and am happy with how it came out.

Worn here with my turtleneck to create a faux dress
The only alterations I made were to lengthen the back and shorten the front, which seem to be standard alterations for me with my prominent bottom and tilted waist.

I would like to try this again in something a little weightier, perhaps a ponte.

No comments:

Post a Comment