Saturday 7 February 2015

SBCC Julep Skirt

Yoohoo! Anyone still there?

Minor blog break there, as not long after my last post I was offered a full time job. This is a big life change, as previously I had only been doing some very part time work from home. It also created a bit of a wardrobe crisis, as my occupation previous to this was jeans and tee-shirt casual.

I needed to come up with some skirts and more work appropriate clothing quick!

Based on the review by Michelle of Happily Caffeinated, I decided to give the Julep skirt by SBCC patterns a go.

This was a super quick sew - essentially centre back seam, side seams, yoga waistband and hem.

I picked a ponte for my first skirt as it was winter when I made it. As you can see, it has a slight dipped back hem. I used a cotton lycra for the waistband for a bit of insurance.


Buoyed by the success of this first one, I then made a second in a blue printed ponte. No pic on me, but a pic of the two of them together.



2 comments:

  1. I love them, they re quite stylish and secretly so comfortable. That's got to be a winning combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your skirts look great! It was so nice to be able to make this skirt right off of the PDF without having to shorten it!

    ReplyDelete