Tuesday 11 December 2012

Christmas Ornament Swap 2012


A few months ago, I signed up to the New Zealand Handmade Christmas Ornament Swap. The basic premise is you are assigned a swap partner, for whom you make one Christmas ornament and a card.

This sounded like a fun activity to take part in, in the lead up to Christmas so I signed up.

The ornament I made was a ribbon pine cone. These are fairly simple and quick to make - using sequin pins, you attach rows of folded ribbon to a polystyrene egg.



They can look quite effective if you group several together in a bowl or dish for a table centerpiece, particularly if you use coordinating ribbon colours. (Not like the ones above!)

I was assigned Gillian of Mudbird Ceramics as my swap partner, so I packaged up my pinecone and card and posted it off to her.


The very next day, I received a package from Gillian, and was delighted to discover a lovely wee ceramic dove and card featuring one of her other designs. Thanks, Gillian!


This has been a great experience to take part in, and I'm sure I'll be playing along again next Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. So cute, both of them! What a great swap.

    I posted mine on the weekend (we were both late getting to the post office) I can't wait to see mine and I can't wait to post what I sent, I'm quiet proud of it.

    Congrats on winning one of the Wellington Pattern Pyramids too :)

    ReplyDelete