Saturday 10 November 2012

Skirt Bag

After my previous bag was getting a bit untidy looking, I decided to make myself a new bag. I prefer a cross body style and the Michelle Patterns Skirt Bag was just what I was after.


After some too-ing and fro-ing on fabric choice, I chose a cotton drill with a vintage cotton reel print that I found at Spotlight. The lining is in a matching purple colour.



As always, the instructions in the Michelle Patterns are clear and well thought out, and produce a tidy end product.
There are included a few different ways to finish the inside pockets - either leave as one large pocket, or include pen slots and a smaller pocket. I did one of each, but would break up the larger pocket next time as it flops open a bit.


I'm really pleased with how it turned out, and it has generated some positive comments from people who have seen me wearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment